These darker evenings and cooler days call for warming, hearty and fragrent curries. Coming home after a long day and itching to be warmed up, a curry will certainly do the trick and set you up for an unforgettable feel-good feast.
Whether you prefer a mild curry or a spicy curry, there is a curry out there for all tastebuds. From a traditional butter chicken, to a vegetarian mushroom korma curry or a beef rogan josh, curries are a fantastic and easy mid-week dinner idea and even better if there is leftovers, they make for a perfect lunch the following day. You can also pair your curry with white rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa or couscous, your choice!
Tips for a tastier curry
To master your next curry, and make the most of the gorgeous, aromatic flavours you can pair with your curry, follow these tips and tricks.
- It is essential to have the correct ratio of curry paste to ingredients.
- Add a little water at a time to the curry until you get the rich consistency. Allow your curry to simmer gently as a high heat won’t result in a thicker curry.
- Season your curry with salt if necessary, and add a little lemon or lime juice to liven up the flavour.
- If your curry is too spicy you can always add sour cream, natural yoghurt or coconut milk. Ensure you allow your curry to cool slightly before adding these ingredients to prevent your sauce from splitting.
- Try experimenting with garnishes to top your curry with. Such as flaked almonds, garam masala, fried onions, poppy seeds or fresh pomegranate.
- Another fun tip: try adding coconut milk with water when cooking your rice. It’s delicious!
Comforting curry recipes to try
This feature contains a mix of content from myfoodbook third party content partners and our own opinions.