The apricot is one amazing fruit. This small yellowish-orange flesh fruit with a thin skin and soft flesh is both sweet and tart tasting, plus it packs a punch when it comes to its nutritional benefits. Don’t let its small size fool you. Read on to find out the many reasons to eat more apricots.
These little delights make for a wonderful addition to desserts, jams, dressings, salads and plenty of savoury dishes.
Here are 5 reasons to eat more apricots
- Just 100 grams of apricot will give you 12% of vitamins A and C and 6% of potassium that you need daily.
- Apricots are great for digestive health. They’re full of fibre to break down fatty acids and enhance digestion.
- With their high levels of vitamin A and E, apricots are great for improving both skin and hair health.
- Apricots have considerable amounts of minerals needed for healthy bones. Such as calcium, manganese, phosphorus, copper and iron.
- Apricots can boost immunity. Full of antioxidants such as vitamin C, apricots may help to build a strong immune system and reduce the impact of summer colds.
Now you can see how powerful these little fruits can be, it’s time to get cooking.
Ways to eat Apricots
Classic apricot chicken
This feature contains a mix of content from myfoodbook third party content partners and our own opinions.