The last thing you want to be doing on a hot day is turn the oven on to cook dinner. The thought of making it hotter sounds pretty awful. It’s very possible that before you have had time to contemplate that thought, your keys are in your hand and you’re off to the local air-conditioned pub for a parmigiana and a cool cider.
Yes, we’ve all been there. Nothing says night off cooking quite like a blistering 40°C Aussie Day. But put down the keys, we’ve got some cool recipes for those hot summer nights.
Dinner ideas for when it’s too hot
- Easy cold pasta salads are a great family dinner
- Simple salads with a vegetarian protein, such as chickpeas or lentils
- Think pita breads and flatbreads or wraps
- Serving meals in lettuce cups for a light summer dinner idea
- Cold cuts and fresh seafood, such as already cooked tiger prawns
- Antipasto plates or pick-n-mix plates of dairy, meats and veggie sticks
Easy recipes to try
This feature contains a mix of content from myfoodbook third party content partners and our own opinions.