There’s something special about the way a roast draws people together. Whether it’s a Sunday roast with the family, or hearty winter roasts with all the trimmings to share with friends, a roast signifies togetherness. This July, thanks to the Steggles Host a Roast for children’s charities initiative, the humble roast is even more powerful than before.
Winter is the perfect time to make a roast dinner as it warms the house with those tantalising smells and is a great way to while away a Sunday. But if you need convincing, here are 5 reasons to Host a Roast.
- Spend ‘quality time’ with the family around the table away from technology.
- Say thanks to the cook of the house with a night off to enjoy a delicious roast.
- Take the opportunity to try a new roast chicken recipe, sides included.
- The perfect excuse to catch up with friends.
- Help a child in need – Steggles donates 30 cents from every Family Roast chicken sold in the month of July to help Aussie kids in need.
Host-a-Roast for charity with hearty winter roasts like these recipes
Check out the easy step-by-step video on how to make this Sticky Orange Roast Chicken
*DISCLAIMER: Steggles is a contributing recipe Partner at myfoodbook.com.au. All opinions in this article are our own. For further information on Steggles’ range of products, visit the Steggles website.