It’s the decision we all face. What to cook. No matter how much of an avid home cook or foodie you are – there will always be those moments in time where quick and easy is the way to go. There are weeks where the meals are planned, the ingredients prepped and the fridge is stocked and then there are weeks where the grocery shopping keeps getting pushed back a day, and another day and another.
It’s a part of life – but the truth is, you can still enjoy a delicious meal, dessert or snack with little ingredients and little time. Whether it be the famous “breakfast for dinner” or a very good sandwich, you don’t always need to turn to take away.
The humble jaffle is one of our favourites. Known for it’s crispy pressed edges, crunchy toast and oozy centre this toasted sandwich ticks all the boxes for mealtime satisfaction.
The most familiar is the traditional ham, cheese and tomato jaffle. It’s a family favourite – but there is so much more to be created. Sweet or savoury, filled with delicious sauces or even last night’s leftovers – it’s time to start getting creative.
Why not try these unique ideas
- Brioche instead of sliced bread for a dessert option
- Chocolate, berries or pie fillings for a sweet idea to be served with ice cream or custard
- Roti bread for a curry or stew filled sandwich
- Turkish bread filled with your favourite toppings
- A filling made from leftover sauces such as bolognese or a curry
For further information on Breville’s great range of sandwich makers! Visit their website.