Beyond crazy and colourful rides, dozens of showbags and the “hate-to-love-it” dagwood dog, the Sydney Royal Easter Show holds an incredibly rich culture. With arenas showcasing the best Australian produce, agriculture, art and beyond, the show, has been a chance for industries to celebrate and present their excellence since 1823.
Whether you’re there because let’s face it, you couldn’t deny your kids a fun day out, or you genuinely love to take in the rich popular culture of the event – there truly is something for everyone at the Easter Show.
And as you may have guessed, we go for the food! Okay so this is where we admit that we are partial to a dagwood dog and a “homemade” lemonade at the show, but we are also pleased to say that things have moved forward with the times.
This year is also a special one at the show, with a number of our myfoodbook recipe partners taking part in the event. From the Woolworths Food Dome to the Food Farm pavilion, here is what you will see at the Royal Easter Show from the 6 – 19 April 2017.
Here’s your foodies guide to the Sydney Royal Easter Show
The Woolworths Food Dome
In the Woolies food dome you will find everything from produce exhibitions to tasty samplings and educational tutorials on how to cook a range of delicious meals and treats! Here’s an overview of what you’ll find:
The Tropical Fruit stand
- Get fresh samples of in-season Australian Passionfruit, Custard Apples and Persimmons at the tropical fruit stand! Plus learn all about these fruits with educational tips.
Cooking demonstrations by Australian Mushrooms
- Learn how to make delicious mushroom dinners with cooking demonstrations by the team from Australian Mushrooms. From Chilli Con Carne to their Best Ever Mushroom Sauce and humble Bolognese. You can also find all the recipes, here.
Samples and nutritional facts by Australian Sweet Potatoes
- Taste Sweet Potato Fries or sample the super Frittata from our Australian Sweet Potato friends! You’ll get to take home the recipes and learn plenty of nutritional facts about why sweet potatoes make super meals. Catch the demonstration and samplings from 11am – 5pm each day. You can also find the recipes you will be tasting, here.
- Learn about the incredible work that Foodbank Australia does to help hunger relief across the nation when you visit their stall at in the Woolworths Dome. When you visit, you’ll also get the chance to win a three night Murray River Cruise for two.
- Taste delicious spreadable topped hot cross buns and celebrate 90 years of Western Star Butter at their stand.
Steggles Chicken at the Woman’s Weekly Theatre Kitchen
- Learn how to make fantastic new recipes with a tutorial by our friends from Steggles Chicken. They will be in action from 3:00 – 3:30pm each day making easy chicken recipes.
The Woolworths Food Farm
Healthy snacks by Australian Pears and Australian Apples
- Get your hands on an apply slinky or a yummy pear smoothie when you check out the Australian Pears and Apples stand.
Meet George the farmer
- This loveable fictional character returns to the food farm to teach the kids about healthy food and nutrition! Meet him and even get a snap.
The Ultimate Food Trail
The cheese burger pie, deep fried Oreo’s and fairy floss flowers – just a few of the wacky treats that are on offer at this year’s show.
The Country Woman’s Association Tea Room
It wouldn’t be the Easter Show without grabbing a cuppa and award winning scone from the ladies from the Country Woman’s Association.
Visit the Sydney Royal Easter show from 6 – 19 April 2017. To find out more about more Sydney Royal Easter Show and the stands involved, visit their website.