myfoodblog is the official blog for myfoodbook.com.au. This is where we encourage passionate home cooks to meet each other, share ideas, meet the experts behind the food, and view tips and tricks for getting their favourite recipes just right!
We encourage feedback and for people to share, please respect each other and play nice.
- By using our Site, you accept our Privacy Terms and expressly consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with these Privacy Terms.
- These Privacy Terms incorporate the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Collection of Information
- We collect information about you in a number of ways:
- When you visit our Site, we have automatic processes, which collect information about your visit including details of time and length of access, pages accessed, your IP address, web statistics and other information.
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us including when you open an account, subscribe to a newsletter, make an enquiry or enter into a promotion conducted by us.
- We use your personal information accordance with the NPPs by lawful and fair means, without unreasonable intrusiveness and only where necessary for activities related to the provision of our services to you. For example subscribing to the newsletter means we will provide you with information on the latest recipes, stories, cooking tips and free cookbooks straight to your inbox.
- Wherever it is lawful and practicable, you have the option of not identifying yourself when entering into transactions with us. However, to do so may affect our ability to provide our goods and services to you. For example you can remain anonymous when commenting and rating recipes featured on the Site by providing an alias user name. Your email address will not be published publicly.
Cookies and History
Use and disclosure
- We will use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected and for reasonably expected secondary purposes (related to the primary purposes). To do this, we may share your personal information with our related entities. However, we may also use and disclose your personal information in other circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
- We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties except where necessary to provide you with our services or where required by law. If we do disclose your personal information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties comply with the NPPs when handling your personal information, regardless of whether they are required to do so by law.
- Some of your personal information collected will be used by us or our related entities to identify potential commercial offers or opportunities which may be attractive to you, to maintain your account, market and promote goods and services, and keep you updated on our goods and services.
- Where we source marketing offers and opportunities from third parties, information regarding those offers will be communicated to you directly by us and not through those third parties.
- Our Site may direct you to websites operated by third parties (Linked Sites). We are not responsible for the content or practices of the Linked Sites nor their privacy policies regarding the collection, storage, use and dissemination of your personal information. We encourage you to always read the applicable privacy statement of any Linked Site before using it.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure and will endeavor to delete or destroy your personal information if you request us to do so if you no longer use our site.
Accuracy of Your Data
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any of your personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Upon your request, we will take reasonable steps to let you know what sort of personal information we hold about you, for what purpose it is held, and how we collect, store, use and disclose that personal information.
- Subject to the exceptions contained in the Privacy Act, upon request, we will allow you to access your personal information we hold.
- Please contact us to ask for access to your information, make a complaint concerning privacy, or if you think any of your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- We may transfer your personal information to someone who is in a foreign country if it is part of our business processes. However, we will only do so in accordance with the Privacy Act and if we reasonably believe that the recipient is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of personal information that are substantially similar to the NPPs.
- Some personal information (e.g. race, ethnicity, health, criminal record etc.) is sensitive and requires a higher level of protection under the Privacy Act. We will not use or disclose your sensitive personal information other than as permitted by law or with your consent.
Privacy Statement Updates
Contact privacy officer
Suite 203, 27 Belgrave Street
Manly, NSW 2095
The best part about myfoodbook is that it’s completely free!
We welcome any feedback so please, get in touch. We’d love to hear from our community at any time.
Need a question answered?
Our team is often in the kitchen cooking up tasty treats, and we also like dining out at restaurants too. So you can expect responses from us during normal working hours. We’re pretty good at getting back to you quickly, so please allow 24 hours (or thereabouts) for us to get back to you.