With spring comes the arrival of the occasion when we celebrate the dags, the jokers and the ones who live to embarrass us at any given opportunity; that’s right, it’s Father’s Day. And, dads are notoriously big eaters, with a particular fondness for hearty mains and generous servings. If you’ve got some foodie fathers in your life, be it your own dad, grandpa, uncle or dear friends, why not feed them with a hearty feast this Father’s Day?
Treat the father figures in your life with these hearty recipe ideas, ideal for a shared lunch with the family. You might just become the favourite kid when you pop these plates on the table:
Treat Dad to a homemade, healthy serving of fish and chips, paired a side of vibrant salad and a squeeze of lemon.
Become your father’s favourite offspring with help from this show-stopping pie. Save him some leftovers for Monday’s lunch and he won’t forget which of his kids has his best interests at heart!
If your dad is a bit of a turkey, make him up a platter of these flavoursome, protein-rich tacos filled with turkey mince.
Show those foodie fathers that they’re not the only ones who can find their way around the barbecue, and serve them this tasty, hearty salad.
Creamy chorizo, olive, basil and tomato rigatoni
Creamy and full of flavour, this pasta recipe is ideal for sharing with dads who like a filling lunchtime dish.
If your dad is a fan of the classic ‘dude foods’, knock his socks off with a fried egg sandwich with the works. You might need to make spares because he’ll almost certainly want seconds.
And, if you’re still stuck for Father’s Day gift ideas, why not give him the gift of culinary prowess, with these nifty pressies?
- A meat smoker: for fish, red meat, or even veggies, a smoker can be a great cooking item for Dad to take on a camping or fishing trip.
- A cookbook: pick a style of food that your dad loves to eat, and buy him a collection of recipes he’ll enjoy cooking all year long.
- A mortar and pestle: give him the gift of endless pesto when he puts the mortar and pestle to work in the kitchen.
- A sautepan: expect some delicious meals to appear on the table come dinnertime, after you give Dad a sautepan for Father’s Day.
- A food chopper: save him time prepping his ingredients with a speedy food chopper.
This feature contains a mix of content from myfoodbook third party content partners and our own opinions.