Would you like to add a poached egg to that? We believe there’s only one answer to that question… Yes! An egg on top makes anything better. Fried rice – tick, nasi goreng – absolutely, bubble and squeak – no question!
And when a healthy source of protein, is affordable and only takes mere moments to cook, then we are hands down, it’s biggest advocate.
Our love of eggs may have begun with dipping eggs and toast soldiers by now includes the likes of simple pasta dishes, salads, omelettes and bakes for dinner! And with experts letting us know that its okay to have an egg a day – we always feel good about adding eggs to our meals – not just at breakfast time!
Our top ideas for having eggs for dinner
- Pasta dishes like carbonara or simple spaghetti with a poached egg on top
- Protein-rich salads with eggs and legumes
- Pasta salad with semi-boiled eggs
- Good old classic caesar salad
- Stuffed veggies like sweet potato
- Frittatas, slices, quiches and omelettes
- Nasi Goreng
- Bubble and Squeak using leftovers
- Cheesy bread bake with eggs
See the full collection of eggs dinner recipes here
If you’re making eggs for dinner – nail the basics first:
*DISCLAIMER – Australian Eggs is a contributing recipe Partner at myfoodbook.com.au. This feature includes a mix of content sourced from Australian Eggs and our own opinions. Find out more about Australian Eggs.