The last thing you want to be doing on a hot day is turning your oven on to cook dinner. The thought of making it hotter sounds pretty awful. It’s very possible that before you have had time to contemplate that thought, your keys were in your hand and you were off out to the local air-conditioned pub for a parmigiana and a cool cider.
Yes, we’ve all been there. Nothing says night off cooking quite like a blistering 40°C Aussie Day. But since those days are frequent in the pitt of summer, it’s best to put down the keys and grab a few of these hot weather recipe ideas.
There is plenty of delicious food that you can enjoy for dinner without using your oven.
What to cook for dinner when it’s too hot
- Easy cold pasta salads are great to enjoy for dinner, and the whole family will love it
- Simple salads with a vegetarian protein, such as chickpeas lentils
- Think pita breads and flat breads
- Serving certain meal in lettuce cups, is a lovely and light dinner idea for summer
- Cold cuts and fresh seafood, like already cooked tiger prawns
- Anti-pasto plates or pick-n-mix plates of dairy, meats, and veggie sticks
Easy hot weather recipes ideas
This feature contains a mix of content from myfoodbook third party content partners and our own opinions.