Do you love to cook but find busy weeks take the joy out of the time you do spend in the kitchen? You’re not alone! Many cooks face this dilemma, but the good news is, cooking delicious, quality food does not mean you have to slave away in the kitchen over elaborate recipes for hours or use expensive ingredients.
These days we are lucky to have access to so many outstanding kitchen appliances that can make time in the kitchen simpler and quicker. These appliances don’t just make it easier to cook for the family, but are fun to use day-to-day!
One that ticks all the boxes is Breville’s new One Precision Poacher. A poacher and sous vide machine designed for home cooks, that will make you look like you have the culinary skills of a chef. This appliance allows you to step back and let it work its magic. From simple egg poaching to poaching prawns, this appliance is a real winner for home cooks.
Key tips to remember when cooking at home:
When cooking at home there are a few simple tricks and tips that make your life easier and more enjoyable when stepping into the kitchen. These steps will have you cooking like a chef in no time.
- Invest in a few good tools and appliances: Focus on the essentials, don’t buy knick knacks and gadgets you are never going to use. Pans, pots and knives are the backbone of cooking and are worth spending a little more on. Also invest in appliances that are going to speed up tiresome cooking methods, it will make your cooking much more enjoyable.
- Choose recipes appropriate for your skills: Remember your not going to cook like a Masterchef in a week, stick to recipes that are appropriate for your skill level, and you will be rewarded with success. From there you can challenge your skills and try new things.
- Read every recipe before you start cooking: Always familiarise yourself with the recipe before cooking. Throughly read it over and visualise every step in your mind.
- Don’t use guests as guinea pigs: When planning a meal for guests, stick to tried and tested recipes. Remember even the pros test and tweak their recipes.
- Make time for cooking and enjoy it!: Cooking should be enjoyable and not another chore on your list. Reserve multi-course meals that require more time and attention for the weekend and make easy and fast meals during the week.
- Mies En Place: Is the French saying for “putting in place”, in cooking lingo it refers to the act of putting everything that is needed for a recipe, from the ingredients to the tools, all in one place. Then all you have to is grab and go. This will allow for a smooth process, and you won’t have to worry about finding that measuring cup or running out of flour.
These recipes are a must for home cooks to try, and with the help of the One⁰ Precision Poacher™ by Breville – you’ll be creating perfect classic recipes like poached salmon, with a whole new level of skill, and without all the fuss!
*DISCLAIMER: Breville is a contributing recipe Partner at myfoodbook.com.au. This feature includes a mix of content sourced from Breville and our own opinions. Find out more information about the Breville One⁰ Precision Poacher™